Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Prompt #9: Decisions, Decisions

If I could visit anybody in the world right now, who would it be?

I'm honestly not sure. Part of me wants to give the heartfelt answer, like one of my siblings or an old friend or something like that, but I don't think that's my answer. I see my family quite a bit. Sure I miss them when it's been longer than a few months, but that's because that's how often I get to see them, and I love it every time. So don't get me wrong, I love seeing my sibling, but I see them often enough that I wouldn't want to use up a wish/hypothetical opportunity such as this. As for my old friends, meh. I am pretty good about keeping in contact with the ones that are close enough for me to care to visit, and the others likely haven't crossed my mind for quite some time, so I wouldn't say any of them. I hope that doesn't make me sound evil.

Next choice would be somebody like a movie producer or somebody. I have dreams and ideas for that industry, I just need connections. So that might be a good choice, except for the fact that just visiting with them doesn't necessarily ensure a deal, and therefore I would be using this scenario up for a gamble. That doesn't sound very appealing.

I really didn't think it would be this tough to answer this question. I'm probably just over-thinking it. 

Hmmmm.....

I've got it. It kind of goes back to the family thing, which is probably for the better. If I were given the opportunity to visit anybody in the world, I think answering that with a family member is something I can feel good about. I got a text from my oldest sister, Tera, just a couple days ago saying that her daughter, Megan, randomly mentioned how much she missed me. She's almost eight years old (I believe) and Tera had just picked her up from school and she went into this random story that went something like, "What if I got called out of class and got picked up, but instead of my usual ride, it was Uncle Corbin picking me up? That would be so cool." Then she went on to say how awesome I am. Reading a text like that from my sister made me smile more genuinely than anything for a good while. So I would say my family. Like a reunion, but if I had to prune it down to only one person, I would have a super fun visit with my niece, Megan.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I like how you punctuate this with your real voice--especially the "meh." Perfect Corbin! (Though I get to cheat a little there, since you're my brother.) And I like seeing your train of thought, the stream-of-consciousness that brings you to your final decision. That lets the reader know you even better. I would like to see the final paragraph fleshed out--there, I think, is the meat of your essay: the final decision, the why.... Megan! I would expand this scene, put my focus here.

    ReplyDelete