Friday, May 31, 2013

making a difference.

Part A. What makes you you? What are the things that make you unique or different or the same?
We are all the same ... in that we all need to feel loved and wanted. I've discovered through personal observation and interpersonal relationships that those two things are all anybody really needs, and we're just all here trying to help each other out.
In that way, we are all the same. All wanting and needing the same things.

And we're all different in the way that we help each other take care of these needs. I've been thinking about this a lot recenty - how I, Kylie, can make a difference to someone else. What can I offer to anyone?

You can only offer yourself. Somehow, somewhere in the nebulus components of your mind and body, you can touch others' souls in a unique way, because you are unique and the way you'll discover to reach them is unique.


Part B. How can you challenge yourself to become better writers, storytellers, poets? How can you infuse who you are with your desire to write? Have you done steps one and two and are you ready to really just into step three?
Challenging myself? All I can do is a self-depricating snort of laughter. I'm infamous for making millions of goals...and never finishing anything. Challenge to write? Sure, but to what end? A challenge to be a better writer? Ah, that will only come with a goal to practice, a goal to experiment. I want to touch people, I want to make a difference in their lives. I feel that maybe writing is a way I can do that...I just have to allow myself to see that by allowing myself to indulge in writing that maybe, just maybe, I might make a difference.

2 comments:

  1. This is very thoughtful. I am impressed with your desire to want to make a difference in peoples lives with your writing. That is a very worthy goal and one that I should really consider too when I sit down to write. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you connect the sameness and differences of everyone--how we all want love, but we all give it differently. Isn't that the truth? I also really love some of your wording here: "the nebulous components of your mind" and "a self-deprecating snort of laughter"--Fantastic! I really heard YOUR voice there, and it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete