Monday, March 11, 2013

To Forget

There are chunks of my life that I cannot recall. Moments that others remember and recite to me seamlessly, but that I cannot even gather. There is a hole in my mind (or heart?) that I cannot explain.

But I remember the bitterness I felt toward one, and the devotion I so badly wanted to give to another. I remember the aching, the loneliness, the fall, because I put them into words.

I write to connect. I write to hide. I write to savor that darkness that I can't otherwise define.

---

"To live in the world of creation-- to get into it and stay in it-- to frequent it and haunt it... to think intently and fruitfully, to woo combinations and inspirations into being by a depth and continuity of attention and meditation-- this is the only thing." -Henry James

---

[I'm Allison, and I'm a musician. I write songs, but dabble in other areas when the opportunity arises.]

3 comments:

  1. I like this- the simplicity and straightforwardness. I especially like the phrase "to savor that darkness that I can't otherwise define." Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you write it is like a song. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. It takes a lot of talent to write emotion and feelings. But you seem to have a handle on it.

    ReplyDelete