Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Double Whammy

I will be answering two prompts with this. Number six will be answered in a new post because apparently I can't create an attachment.

As for prompt 5, I would like to answer that one as well, because it seems like something I should be asking myself.


Part A:
I am a much larger and heavier person than most people I meet, yet I am fairly certain that I have biked farther than many of them.

I am one of the quietest people in your class, yet I am one of the loudest and possibly obnoxious people in my apartment.

I am completely comfortable talking with and befriending married women, but I can't ask a single girl for her number if my life depended on it.

I am a very smart young man, yet there are times I feel so confused that there is no way anybody could know how to help me.

I have friends that I would trust with my life and family that I trust even more than that, but I cannot allow any one person to know everything about me

I'm not sure how to explain these oddities, but I do know that they are a huge part of what makes me me. I don't point these out because I feel like it makes me sound intellectual or deep (heck, sometimes I am one of the shallowest people I know). These are all just interesting observations about myself that I have never really put together. When I see them all listed out like this I wonder if other people see the same things in themselves. I love the ideas I come up with but feel like I almost never can convey them in coherent words and sentences. That's where

Part B
comes in. I want to share my stories, and ideas and thoughts with so many people. So I need to work on it. I need to keep practicing and keep reading and build my vocabulary so that I can tell you guys and everybody else that I'm feeling ecstatic today rather than just saying I'm really happy I don't have work. I need to realize the importance of continuing with this hobby and see if I can't make it a career because in all honesty, I feel better today after writing a couple blog entries than I have in the last couple months.

2 comments:

  1. Nice transition between Part A and Part B. :) I like how you mention the need to extend your vocabulary, because, truly, doesn't that make such a difference? Having a choice of words, finding the perfect one rather than a suitable one? I love that about good writers. So true! I really like all your juxtaposed sentences in Part A--it paints a fantastic introductory picture of who you are, and a few of them (if you were a stranger) would make me curious to get more backstory from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I wrote that first one and was just gonna keep writing a normal paragraph, but I liked it and kept going with it. And yes. I laugh at myself for finally realizing what everybody has been telling me for years; as I keep reading more and more, I really do see my vocabulary expanding, and it makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete