Thursday, June 13, 2013

#6, "Fall Fall Fall"



I don't know if this will go anywhere, but this is what I've been working on the last couple of days:

---

hold me down-- winter with her bitter gaze,
and all the shadows that surrounded
and the demons with their lingering arms
and all my sorrow with the lingering scars, leading me to fall-- fall-- fall

It's like-- coming out of my haze, to the rest of my days
feel the shimmering light cross the wicked tides

calm me down-- when i stumble over - lost and founds
the show and tells, I linger, like I 
love him again and again,
like i'd die to be weightless again-- watch me fall.

It's like-- coming out of my haze, to the rest of my days
feel the shimmering light cross the wicked tides
i am. full of an energy, beneath my stride-- keep me going, keep me on time--

coming out of my haze, I'm a million miles- from where i landed

2 comments:

  1. That was fantastic! I really liked it a lot. Beautiful lyrics and really musically cool. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, you just have such a way with lyrics! Every time! I especially like "feel the shimmering light cross the wicked tides"--I'm dying to know why the tides look/feel wicked to you; where has your life experience influenced that image in nature? Excellent! And the last line too--really profound and true for so many; and can be taken both positively and negatively, which makes it even better!

    ReplyDelete